Projects

1879 reloaded – Europa-Galerie Saarbrücken

After comprehensive restoration, the former Saarbrücken Mining Headquarters, a building designed by architect Martin Gropius dating back to 1879, now forms the architectural centrepiece of the Europa-Galerie in Saarbrücken. Artefactur specialists succeeded in restoring more than 1,200 square metres of historical “Mettlach tiles” on the staircase and in the entrance area. Thanks to the works’ own historical presses from the year 1910, it was even possible to retain the original sizes in 17x17 cm format.
2.